Sunday, January 27, 2008

Going Home

There is something
to be said
about going home
on Sunday . . .
What better time
to reunite . . .
with
family gone
before,
with the love of his life,
his Marjorie,
With prophets
of the past
and with
THE KING OF KINGS!
We'll miss his smile,
his humor
and his gift to make us
feel like we could be like him!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

what a bitter sweet evening.. we've been watching the coverage all night.. what a great man!! i always knew this was going to happen.. but its hard to believe it actually has! he will be missed

Mark and Maria said...

I can't look at that picture of him without smiling. He and Sister Hinkley had such a gift of making everyone smile and just feel so happy inside! I can't even imagine the joy that they are experiencing together right now! Yes, I love him and will miss him too!

lori said...

I love that picture too! He has worked so hard and so long - I'm so glad he is home with his sweetheart and in a place free of pain. Bless him!! Love you all!

Phoebe said...

ditto to the previous comments! Such a loved man! What an impact he has had on the world! We are so blessed to have felt his love!

Laurie said...

Ditto,ditto to all of the above comments....What a wonderful example he is to all of us!! The clips shown on the TV today reflect the incredible man that he is. I love his sense of humor, his acceptance for all, his unassuming manner, his love for the youth and all of us!! Yes, how happy he must be to be home with his loved ones. I too....love you all!!