Saturday, May 10, 2008
Happy Mother's Day Momma!!
Everyone in the family, I’m sure, remembers that until we were a certain age we had to go to bed at 8:00pm. I think it was a 12 year old rite of passage to stay up until 9:00pm, or even later if we had a good enough excuse. When I was the only one still under 12 I remember lying in bed and listening to all of my siblings either playing the piano, doing homework, watching T.V., or just bantering with each other. It was fun to listen to but who wants to be in bed when everybody else is up! I think mom realized that I felt jipped, or she just knew that I could use some attention, so she started coming in and spending a few minutes with me before I slept. We looked at scripture picture books, or just talked about the day; I remember thinking it was funny that she would fall asleep sometimes when I had asked her to stay until I fell asleep—who knew that parenting was a tiring thing? Well I know now and I just wanted to tell my Momma how grateful I am for her and how much I love her. Happy mothers day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks, Wes! That is one of my favorite memories too! One of the benefits of being the youngest! Love you!
OH, This is really your Momma! I am on M&M's computer!
Post a Comment