Saturday, March 3, 2007

Addicted to iPod!

Hey Everyone!
I caved in! I set up my account at the iTunes Store! (And I LOVE it!) I was wondering if everyone would send me the names of their 5 (or more...I like being merrier!) current favorite songs! All of you have great song taste, and it will be fun!
Thanks!
P.S. Marci, how did the party go?

3 comments:

wes said...

Okay, so Lori and I have been trying to figure out our favorite songs...it's turned out to be a mixture of all time favorites and current preferences, actually it's an impossible task-kind of like choosing your favorite scripture, it depends on the mood and the day. But here is a list we came up with anyway:

Wes
Tom Petty's "Wildflowers"
Sting's "Ghost Story"
"Front Porch Looking in" (Brad Paisly? ask Mark)
Black Eyed Peas's "Where is the Love"
James Taylor's "Fire and Rain"

Lori
"Never Saw Blue Like that" Shawn Colvin
"Morning Has Broken" Cat Stevens
"Feelin' the Same Way" Nora Jones
"The Impossible Dream" Brian Stokes Mitchel
Couldn't pick one off the "Power of One" soundtrack or the "Joseph: A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet"

If you don't have "Grace Land" by Paul Simon or "The Secret Garden" Broadway musical, we would also recommend those. Can't wait to see what everybody else posts.

ps what is Joe's email address? Sandy's?

Mike said...

I agree with Wes, it just depends on the day, but here are some of my all time favs:
1. JS Bach, Cantata 140, Wachet auf . .. (in German) (best version is by MOTAB, unfortunately not on itunes; MOTAB albun is from 1992, called "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring")
2. Andrew Lloyd Weber, Pie Jesu, sung by Sarah Brightman (in Latin)
3. George F. Handel, O Death Where Is Thy Sting . . ., from The Messiah (best version on itunes under artist Florence Kopleff, from Handel album by Robert Shaw Chorale and Orchestra)
4. Romanza (Spanish version), by Andrea Bocelli (in Italian, although I don't know why the song is called the Spanish version)
5. Bring Him Home, from Les Miserables (I guess we all have our own favorite versions of that song)

I've also been really into opera lately, and if you are feeling adventuresome and have a lot of time on your hands I recommend Mozart's Marriage of Figaro (in Italian, but there is music in the second act that is more beatiful than just about anything I've ever heard);
Other great classical choral music is Beethoven's 9th symphony (the forth movement is particularly good and also very well known, "ode to joy") (in German).

Mike said...

Also, Marci will put her list up later, although I can tell you that she and Lori are pretty close on a lot of them, Impossible Drean and Lily's Hazel Eyes (from Secret Garden) being among her favorites.
Suzy, what's your list?