Hey everyone,
I was thinking about our plans for this vacation in June. I'm sure it is going to be here before we know it. I was thinking that depending on what we decide to do, we may need to make plans ahead of time. So, I was wondering what everybody was hoping to do during the week we are together.
I think the sporting competition idea is great. A couple of years ago the kids had a great time at Park City doing the Alpine slides. That may be something that would be fun. I don't know if there are any fun swim places or maybe Lagoon where we could spend a day. Do we want to hit Temple square at all or shopping for the girls. I think it would be really fun to have an idea of what we were going to do each day before we even got up there so we don't waste too much time in the decision making process.
If we get a bunch of ideas, then it would just be a matter of having Dad put it together in an organized, cohesive and fairly elaborate itinerary to which we can all refer as the week progresses. Let me know what you think.
Mark
Monday, March 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I couldn't agree more about having a plan. I think the first thing we need to set out is when we are actually going to be in Provo. Mom/Wes may be the ones to ask about that. We plan on coming in on the Friday, I can't remember the date, and maybe we can all head up Monday morning or some time during the weekend.
Wes, do they still have Seven Peaks water park in provo?
That might be fun. I think Lagoon would be fun for the older kids, too. I wouldn't mind spending a day in Salt Lake/Park City either. Some kind of nature hike would be good, too; we could hike Timp. Marci and I rented tandem bikes for a date once and rode up provo canyon. These are a few ideas. Maybe we can all just put down some ideas, make a master list, and then generate our specific day-by-day plan from that.
glad to see this discussion has begun. Yes, Seven Peaks is open. We were going to mention that. That would be a fun and really close option. We also second the idea of a hike - there are some great trails around here. As for the dates - I think we reserved the rooms starting on Monday the 25th...but that will be totally easy to change if we need to. We can make it for the Saturday or Sunday before, depending on when everyone is coming. Just let us know ASAP.
Here are our other ideas thus far:
*Thanksgiving Point is about 1/2 hour away. They have tons of stuff to do (Dinosaur Museum, Petting Zoo, Gardens, etc)
*Cabela's is a huge sporting goods store right by Thanks. Point - They've got some fun fish tanks, live ponds to feed fish, and tons of animals stuffed. They also have electronic target practice games, etc. It makes for a fun, quick outing.
*Provo Parks. We have some really great parks around. Great play equip and also huge fields for other activities/games.
*We'll have access to a bunch of BBQ equipment right here at Wyview - or we can BBQ at one of our favorite parks. We thought it might be fun to rent some game equipment from BYU's outdoors unlimited - they have a huge Twister game or horseshoes or badminton...
*Heber Creeper puffs right here through Provo canyon. They have group rates we could look into if there is interest. And a trip to Heber could always feature a stop at "Dairy Keen" ...
*If we do a day in SL, the church history museum has a really fun children's exhibit for free. It also might be fun to take the kids up Ensign Peak (really short hike)
*If everyone brings their temple recs - we could probably work in some temple sessions at the Provo temp.
*Pool. We'll have access to the Heleman and DT pools for free. We could also reserve one of those pools for exclusive use one evening if we want to.
*We'll also have access to the Multi Purpose building at Wyview - so that will give us some indoor space if we want to...???? Learn some swing dancing? have a little family talent show? (they've got pianos etc.)
*there are a thousand canyons we could get to quickly for a morning breakfast or for a campfire in the evening.
*then of course - they're all the BYU stuff. Or the Provo Library at Academy Square...in the summer they do a BYO-sack lunch story time ever Tues. and Thursday under a big canopy outside the library...
*and the triathlon - can't forget that.
That's what we've come up with so far. Let's get everyone's ideas and then make an itinerary. We're happy to call and check on prices or make reservations or whatever needs to happen locally.
Hey, you know we could always rent a boat for the day and head out to Utah lake. It's on the East side of the I-15 in Provo. Wouldn't have to worry about drowning because you can basically stand up in the middle of the whole thing. Might be too much, but would be fun!
Oh yeah, there is always the Zoo in Salt Lake. We miss our Arkansas one. That might be fun.
Post a Comment