Sunday, May 13, 2007
Momma
When I was younger, maybe six or seven, I made a terrible mistake that has ever since left a vivid memory in my mind. Suzy and I had gotten into an argument and Mom came in to intervene. When she sided with Suzy, I, in desperation, searched for something to say that was powerful enough to hopefully change the outcome. “I hate you!”, is what came out of my mouth and as soon as it did I knew I had made a terrible mistake. I found Mom on the front porch crying. I tried to apologize - I felt horrible – but before I could finish with the apology she wrapped me in her arms and told me that she loved me. Mom has been a loving example and support to me my whole life and I want to say in contrast to that youthful pronouncement-“I LOVE YOU MOMMA”!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ohhh that was so nice Wes!!
Oh, Wes, I don't even remember this. I am glad you remember that you knew I loved you and I still do.
Post a Comment