Sunday, May 25, 2008

Family Vacation 6/30-7/4

Hey Everyone,
I thought I'd keep the ball rolling for our upcoming family vacation. I'm not sure we want to plan like we did last year (everyone takes a day) or not. I've got the feeling that we might want to tone things down a little from last year . . . that is, we don't have to have a huge, far away activity each and every day. In that spirit, I thought I'd throw out the following itinerary, as a suggestion:
Mon: arrive, play on play grounds, FHE that night (I think it would be fun to do a family Jeopardy game that night)
Tue: SEVEN PEAKS (it seemed like this was a big hit for most everyone last year)
Wed: games in Provo Canyon (picnic there for lunch); after lunch, Park City (Alpine Slide, etc) (just up the canyon!)
Thu: early morning Temple; after temple, bowling/games at the Wilkinson Center (on campus); swim at DT pool; Lip sync that night (we have to do the tug-o-war again, too!)
Fri (July 4): in the morning, Provo July 4 carnival (like the summer of 2005); in the afternoon, water games at the housing complex (water balloons, water guns, etc); maybe family picture in here, too; in the evening, BBQ
Sat: checkout, go back to Vegas (Marci and I would like to see the Truman grandparents on the way down to Vegas; as well as Grandma Bolwer; maybe we could plan a get-together with some of the cousins?)
OTHER activities: maybe some kareoke (sp?); we can plan a hike for older kids; Lagoon for older kids; etc.; BYU Creamery (every night!)

Anyway, anything you want to change or if you want to have everyone just plan a day, that's fine by me. I've got three more days of seminary next week, but I couldn't wait to get to this. We are thinking about it all the time and can't wait to see everyone this year!

8 comments:

wes said...

Sounds good Mike. We're thinking we could watch fireworks on the fourth out in the open area in back of the cannon center. (All the Helamen Halls hall advisors say that's the place to watch them.) And DT pool is gone(as is DT)but we could use the pool at helamen.

Rachel said...

sounds like a fun trip to me!! can i come?? jk.. but i really do like the cousin get together idea :)

ztruman said...

Sounds good to us too. It's so fun to just hang out and play and visit. Thanks Mike.

Mark and Maria said...

Hey Mike! Thanks for planning! Looks good to me too. I do want to do a trip for anyone who wants to the the art museum! I think the animal museum is fun too. Grandma lu

wes said...

we can schedule a living reptile show at the bean(animal) museum too if that is of interest. (Lucy loves it)

Grandma lu said...

I feel about snakes the way Indiana Jones does, but the kids would probably really like it!

Mark and Maria said...

How about roller skating???? Check out this place!

http://www.classicskating.com/orem/oremhome.html

wes said...

Water balloon fights are against housing regulations which normally we would ignore but since Lori works for "Housing" it might not be a good idea. We could find a none BYU park and do it though.