Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ouch!

I'm sure you all know that Mark had surgery a little over a week ago. He showed us the wound the other night. Yikes! Check out the pictures below...but beware, they are a little gross!




His hand is still a little swollen and colorful. But he started therapy (which he says is very painful) and hopefully he will start to get more movement in his fingers soon. Yesterday he was happy that he could touch his thumb and his pinky finger together(with a lot of effort). He said he thought he might be able to start playing basketball again next week. Ha Ha.

10 comments:

Grandma lu said...

Ouch is right! So glad that surgery is over and that you can move your fingers even a little again! The miracles of modern medicine and prayer! Have a great week everyone.

Grandpa gave a beautiful talk in Stake Conference. I will email it or blog it when I get it copied to my computer.

Rachel said...

ahh mark!! that looks scary and painful... i can't belive that happened.. i hope you heal quick! i've been thinking of you.. good luck with therapy and everything.. and no more wrestling with the kids:)

lori said...

ooooooo. We shudder. Hope that healing goes quickly, Mark!!!!

And Maria - we need a good sugar cookie recipe. Help!!!

Mark and Maria said...

Lori,

I have a recipe that I love. It makes soft yummy cookies. I have to give credit where credit is due...it is Laurie Lundin's recipe! I got it from the Bowler recipe book. She said it's her families all time favorite. Here it is...
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups sour cream
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
6 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. almond flavoring
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs. Add sour cream, flour, soda, salt and flavorings. The dough is fairly sticky so you will need to use a fair amount of flour when rolling the cookies our. (I like to put it in the fridge for a few hours to help it firm up). Cut out shapes and bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about 7 mins. Frost with your favorite butter cream frosting. (I also add a little almond flavoring to my frosting--maybe 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon or something). Makes about 3-4 dozen medium sized cookies.
I never set the timer when I bake, I just watch the cookies. Someone taught me once that the cookies are done when you the tops are no longer "shiny" and there are small air bubbles on top. Yum!! I love sugar cookies.

Have fun, and thanks Laurie for the awesome recipe!

Rachel said...

ohh it so is sugar cookie time.. i remember on many occasions coming home after school and having sugar cookies waiting and serioulsy eating like 5 one right after another.. the problem is is that things haven't changed much and i still do that.. plus a large amount of the dough in the process..??
i love this time of year!

lori said...

yay!! Thank you Maria (and Aunt Laurie)!!!!

Lucy and I made sug. cookies last Valentines day and she had a BALL decorating them - but they were hard and nasty...I just threw them away instead of sharing them with anyone!
This recipe will be perfect!!

Thanks!

Phoebe said...

AHHHHH... those pictures just make me cringe!! So sorry about that unfortunate mishap!! I have been thinking about you!! Hope the rehab isn't too bad! We send our love to all of you!! Hope your enjoying fall!!

Abby said...

what happend??? I didnt hear about his! Doesnt look fun though!

Mark and Maria said...

Abby,

Well, Mark's version would probably be something about going up to do a two-handed dunk to win the game and hitting the rim so hard with his hand that he shattered his bone. But, what really happened is he was playing with his boys before bed in their bedroom, hit his hand on their bedpost and broke his hand. He had surgery a few days later to put in a metal plate. Even though he would probably prefer the basketball story, I like the true story...it proves that he is such a fun dad!

Anonymous said...

World Of Warcraft gold for cheap
wow power leveling,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow power leveling,
wow power leveling,
world of warcraft power leveling,
wow power leveling,
cheap wow gold,
cheap wow gold,
maternity clothes,
wedding dresses,
jewelry store,
wow gold,
world of warcraft power leveling
World Of Warcraft gold,
ffxi gil,
wow account,
world of warcraft power leveling,
buy wow gold,
wow gold,
Cheap WoW Gold,
wow gold,
Cheap WoW Gold,
wow power leveling
world of warcraft gold,
wow gold,
evening gowns,
wedding gowns,
prom gowns,
bridal gowns,
oil purifier,
wedding dresses,
World Of Warcraft gold
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow power level,
wow power level,
wow power level,
wow power level,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow po,
wow or,
wow po,
world of warcraft gold,
cheap world of warcraft gold,
warcraft gold,
world of warcraft gold,
cheap world of warcraft gold,
warcraft gold,buy cheap World Of Warcraft gold
Maple Story mesos,
MapleStory mesos,
ms mesos,
mesos,
SilkRoad Gold,
SRO Gold,
SilkRoad Online Gold,
eq2 plat,
eq2 gold,
eq2 Platinum,
EverQuest 2 Platinum,
EverQuest 2 gold,
EverQuest 2 plat,
lotro gold,
lotr gold,
Lord of the Rings online Gold,
wow powerleveling,
wow powerleveling,
wow powerleveling,
wow powerleveling,world of warcraft power leveling
ffxi gil,ffxi gil,ffxi gil,ffxi gil,final fantasy xi gil,final fantasy xi gil,final fantasy xi gil,final fantasy xi gil,world of warcraft gold,cheap world of warcraft gold,warcraft gold,world of warcraft gold,cheap world of warcraft gold,warcraft gold,guildwars gold,guildwars gold,guild wars gold,guild wars gold,lotro gold,lotro gold,lotr gold,lotr gold,maplestory mesos,maplestory mesos,maplestory mesos,maplestory mesos, maple story mesos,maple story mesos,maple story mesos,maple story mesos,
s3d6h7jr