Hello everyone,
At Mom's request I'm returning to pltfamily after somewhat of a hiatus to post some more ideas about our family vacation. It looks like most people will be arriving on Saturday, June 23, and I don't know when everyone is going back home (we don't fly out until Sunday, July 1, a week later), but we should probably have at least five days of activities planned plus one Sunday (June 24). I've talked with a few of you already about most of these ideas, but please feel free to add input/comments on them. Also, the order doesn't really matter:
0. Saturday: we arrive/get set up for the week (food shopping/preparation for the week)
1. Sunday: Church, then??? (ideas: if church is in the morning, we could go up to Temple Square
in SLC after lunch)
2. Monday: Wes's plan (see previous post) (maybe we could do this instead of Hogle Zoo??)
3. Tuesday: Lagoon day (group rates are available, rates are also cheaper mid-week, Tues-Thurs, see park website http://www.lagoonpark.com/)
-breakfast in Provo (where??), then drive to Lagoon
-spend day at Lagoon (in Farmington, just north of SLC), including lunch
-after Lagoon, go back to Provo for dinner/eat somewhere in SLC??
-after dinner, ???
4. Wednesday: Seven Peaks/BYU day
-breakfast in Provo (where??)
-go to Seven Peaks water park (see website ttp://www.sevenpeaks.com/)
(group rates if we reserve 2 weeks in advance!!!!; also, we can reserve a pavillion
with picnic tables just for our family)
-lunch at Seven Peaks (I don't know how long we will want to stay here)
-after Seven Peaks, go to BYU campus game center (bowling, air hockey, video
games, see http://gamescenter.byu.edu/)
-dinner at the Cougareat ??/BB-Q back at the dorms???
-after dinner, ???
[we could split this day up, with just a BB-Q dinner at night after Seven Peaks,
and do the BYU-campus-thing on Friday/some other day]
5. Thursday: SLC/Park City day
-breakfast in Provo (where??)
-go to This Is The Place Heritage Park in SLC, near Hogle Zoo (all sorts of
activities: pioneer chores, pony rides, train ride, etc, see
http://www.thisistheplace.org/index.html)
-Lunch at Heritage Park
-go to Park City (alpine slide; carousel, etc)
-dinner in SLC??/visit temple square??
-go back to Provo
-after dinner??
6. Friday: ??? (some ideas: Provo canyon BB-Q; tubing down the Provo river; older kids could hike the Y or hike Timp; temple day: guys/ladies switch off)
7. Saturday: going home?? (Marci and I won't be leaving till Sunday)
So, above are some plans. Below, some ideas:
1. breakfast in Provo: Mom and I talked about just getting a Morris Center (BYU cafeteria) meal pass for breakfast. It might be more expensive than if we just ate in our appartments, but it is all-you-can-eat, and it has a wide variety of food for everyone; and, no clean-up!)
2. more detailed planning: I like the original idea of each family taking one day and planning the details (reasearching the prices of the activities, what there is to do at each place, etc). Maybe we could each choose a day, make the plan, and propose it to the whole family one week in advance (i.e. by next Saturday). That way we could all comment, make suggestions, etc. We don't want to be too rigid, but I think it would save us all a lot of time/hassel if we had a basic plan that everyone agreed on for each day.
3. lunches/dinners: most of the places we are going to visit will have eateries, but we could also pack lunches/dinners for some/all of the days; we could do a Costco/Sam's Club run when everyone got to Provo that first Saturday and get enough lunch meat, juice boxes, snacks, etc to last the week; we will all have fridges in our appartments, and if we all brought a cooler or two it wouldn't be too hard (and much cheaper) to provide our own meals.
ACTION ITEMS:
-put in your two cents about meals
-pick a day to plan (including activities for the moms and dads after the kids are down), and let everyone know which one you are doing (first come, first serve!)
-(me) call everyone to make sure they know about this list
We can't wait to see everyone!
Mike
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
three minutes later and I already have an addendum: re-reading Wes's pust, we need to keep in mind the baby/nap thing when making our plans (I'm not sure what to do about that . . . )
Update:
Hey everyone, thanks for getting to work on this. I talked to Zach today and he said he wants to take the Lagoon day, so with Mark on 7 Peaks day and Wes on Thanksgiving Point day, that leaves one Provo day and one SLC/Park City day. I talked to Suzy last night and she said that she and Joe have some good ideas for a Provo day, so Marci and I can do SLC/Park City. On that note, I want everyone's two cents about more than one day in SLC (in addition to Lagoon); do you all think that's too much to go up there twice in a week?
As for baby naps, Wes might be able to secure a home up on SLC-are where we can go with the babies, but I'll let him give the full details on that. Let's keep the ideas flowing!
Thanks,
Mike
Post a Comment