

Where would we be without our Dad? When I look at all of you and your young families, nothing makes me feel more strongly the love I have for your dad.
This is the thirty eighth year we've been looking at each other and counting our blessings. As Dad would say, some days not so long, some days. . . let's just say I've tried his patience, but in the process he has developed great patience, all that practice was worth it.
He's been the kind of man who expected me and you to meet his expectations with complete confidence that we all could. At the risk of singing my own praises I have become a much stronger woman than I ever imagined. For example, the other day I met with our designer and Dad could not make the meeting. We had a great time and sometime during the process I mentioned that it was kind of fun for just the two of us to meet because when both of us are there often strong opinions are expressed that must be negotiated. She simply asked who was the most opinionated, me or Dad.
You have all accomplished wonderful things and it is to Dad's credit that he suggested, encouraged, and reminded, but the best Father's Day gift you could ever give your Dad you are giving every day in the way you live your lives, and you need to know that his confidence in you never waivers and that his gratitude for you never does either. He feels so blessed because of you and so do I!
Video of the Swim Team to follow in this year's family video! Dad choreographed it himself!
No comments:
Post a Comment