Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday Musings

The Sunday question. . . in Luke 15 Christ heals the ten lepers and only one comes back to to thank him. Then Christ asks "where are the nine. . . Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole." Is this his calling and election? His remission of sins? See Enos.
Awaiting your comments . . . momma

2 comments:

lori said...

We're mostly curious to hear your opinion...we're still thinking about it! Upon reading Enos we could see the connection between "being made whole" and "having sins forgiven" -but we're still unsure that that means the experience of second comforter...??
What do you think??

Grandma lu said...

A few Sundays ago during this lesson it I wondered why Christ used this phrase "Thy faith hath made thee whole" when the leper had already been healed physically. I think it must be the mighty change of heart event at least in this case. The kind of thing that happened to King Ben's people. Talked with Mike about it Sunday and he tells me the greek word for "whole" means salvation the root word for Savior. Then I looked at Enos who surely had that great change of heart and wonder if every time Christ uses that phrase it is that mighty change of heart event. He forgives the cripple's sins then to demonstrate to doubters he heals him physically. Some day I'll research that and draw some definitive conclusion.